Payment of private day trip from Finca Cortesín to the province of Cádiz | 2 pax | 12th of July 2022
Description and schedule of services
12th of July 2022: private day trip from Finca Cortesín to the province of Cádiz
8:30am: meet your personal local host at your accommodation and be transferred in a modern and comfortable Mercedes minivan to the hamlet of Betis in the heart of the natural park of the straits of Gibraltar.
9:45am: upon arrival to Betis start a hike to the summit of the sierras of Saint Bartholomew. You will walk through a forest of Mediterranean pines that slowly will become less and less dense, giving way to different lower Mediterranean bush and allowing for breath-taking views of Southernmost Spain, Northernmost Africa, the Mediterranean sea and the Atlantic Ocean.
11am: arrival to the summit and small mid-morning picnic to celebrate the simply spectacular views and the achievement of having made it to the top of this mountain range.
11:15am: start of your walk down to the bottom of the mountain range, enjoying the views that our your way up, you left behind you.
12pm: arrival to the bottom of the mountain range and private transfer to the archaeological Roman site of Baelo Claudia.
12:20pm: arrival to Baelo Claudia and private walking tour of the site aimed at understanding the very important Roman settlement that it once was. This was thanks to a particular local industry that produced a fermented fish sauce, called Garum, that was an absolute delicacy for the Roman empire. You will be explained how this sauce was produced and the industrial configuration that this Roman city had.
1:10pm: end of the walk through Baelo Claudia and private transfer to a coastal family restaurant for lunch.
1:20pm: arrival to the restaurant and lunch there.
2:45pm: end of lunch and private transfer to the village of Tarifa, the southernmost point of continental Europe.
3:05pm: arrival to Tarifa and small walk through the old town to learn about its history and about its evolution towards a quaint, cosmopolitan, chic and bohemian Southern Spanish town.
4:15pm: private transfer from Tarifa to Finca Cortesín. Along the way you may want to stop in the hilltop castle town of Castellar de la Frontera to take a stroll through its medieval streets and to enjoy the spectacular views of the natural park of the cork trees and the reservoir of Guadarranque.
6pm (maximum): arrival to Finca Cortesin and end of services for the day.
The price of this day trip for a private group of 2 people is 508 Euros per person.
This price includes– Private transportation in a modern and comfortable Mercedes minivan with a dedicated driver throughout the day.
– Personal local host from Genuine Andalusia throughout the day (a knowledgeable, enthusiastic, kind, flexible and interactive guide).
– Small mid-morning picnic atop the Sierras of San Bartolomé in the natural park of the straits of Gibraltar.
– All entrance tickets and admissions for the archaeological site of Baelo Claudia.
– All expenses of your driver and of your guide.
– All taxes.
This price excludes
– Lunch. Genuine Andalusia always selects good local restaurants serving quality food but the cost of lunch is not included.
Confirmation and payments
In order to confirm this day trip we require full payment via credit/debit card no later than 30 days prior to the start of the day trip.
Grand total of this private day trip: 1016 Euros
– If you cancel the tour between 30 and 15 days prior to scheduled departure, we will charge 50% of the grand total of the day trip.
– If you cancel the tour between 14 and 7 days prior to scheduled departure, we will charge 75% of the grand total of the day trip.
– If you cancel the tour 6 days or less prior to scheduled departure, we will charge 100% of the grand total of the day trip.
(*) If the restrictions related to the coronavirus pandemic didn’t allow for this day trip to happen, we would give you a full refund. Please note that the restrictions that we would take as official are the ones imposed by the corresponding government(s) onto the fully vaccinated and fully boostered traveler and not your specific personal circumstances.