Payment of private walking tour of Jerez | 22nd of June 2022 | 3 pax
Description and schedule of services
22nd of June 2022: Jerez old town for foodies walking tour
9:30am: meet your personal local host at the lobby of your hotel in Jerez to start a private walking tour of the old town with a special focus on its Hispanic-Muslim origins and on the transformations that it experienced (architecture, urban-planning, social composition and overall character) with the Christian conquest in the 13th century and later in the 18th and 19th centuries when the local wines (sherries) became probably the most fashionable drinks in the world. Your tour will also include a private visit to the local market in order to learn about the ingredients that shape the local gastronomy and also about how Jerez has been able to preserve such an important resource for its local community.
11:15am: end of your introductory walking tour in a selected sherry bodega and private visit aimed at learning about the ageing process of the different types of sherry. This will be followed by the corresponding tastings of Sherry and by some basic notions about the art of pairing food and sherry.
12:45am: end of the visit to the sherry bodega and short walk to a selected sherry and tapas bar.
1pm: arrival to the sherry and tapas bar and tapas and sherries lunch there. Further notions about the art of pairing food and sherry will be given through a pairing lunch including a selection of 5 – 8 dishes to share, up to 4 sherries per person and a sweet local treat to finish.
2:45pm: end of lunch and walk back to your hotel.
3pm: arrival to your hotel and end of services for the day.
The price of this tour for a private group of 3 people is 170 Euros per person.
This price includes
– Personal local host from Genuine Andalusia throughout the tour (a knowledgeable, personable, kind, flexible and interactive certified Sherry Educator by the Sherry Regulatory Board).
– A private visit to a selected sherry bodega in Jerez old town with the corresponding tastings there.
– A pairing tapas and sherries lunch including a selection of 5 – 8 dishes to share, up to 4 sherries per person and a sweet local treat to finish.
– All taxes.
Confirmation and payments
n order to confirm this private walking tour we require full payment no later than the 15th of June 2022 via credit/debit card.
Grand total of this private tour: 510 Euros
If you cancel your tour between 7 and 5 days prior to scheduled departure, we will charge 30% of the full cost of the tour and we will refund te remaining 70%.
If you cancel your tour between 4 and 3 days prior to scheduled departure, we will charge 50% of the full cost of the tour and we will refund the remaining 50%.
If you cancel your tour 2 days or less prior to scheduled departure, we will charge 100% of the full cost of the tour.
(*) Please note that partial cancellations won’t result in partial refunds. This applies to the group size and to the length of the tour.