Payment of private family tours of Andalusia. 23th and 25th of June 2020. 6 pax
Description and schedule of services:
23rd of June: culture and gastronomy tour of Cadiz old town:
10am: meet your personal local host at your hotel (as long as it is located in the old town. Otherwise a central meeting spot will be agreed upon) to start a private walking tour of Cádiz old town. You will start this tour seeing incredibly well preserved evidences of the Phoenician past of the city. This will allow you to understand who the Phoenicians were, where they came from, why the based themselves in Cadiz 3000 years ago and the impact that their arrival had in the present history, culture, gastronomy and wines of Southern Spain. Later, you will travel forward in time to the 18th century, when the city held the monopoly of all trade with the Americas, formerly established in Seville. The bourgeoisie that settled down in Cádiz in this period transformed the city completely into a refined and cosmopolitan colonial hub. These new inhabitants of the city brought to Cádiz not only gold, silver, mahogany and other precious materials but also new ideas that transformed the mentality of the city and later of the whole of Spain. Along this second part of the tour you will visit some selected buildings that will reveal the wealth, refinement and change of mentality that the city developed in this colonial period.
12:15pm: after this introduction and surely hungry, you will be taken on a gastronomy tour of the city including tastings of selected local produce in hand-picked stalls of the local market, a stop in a selected local tavern where you’ll be introduced to the famous fortified wines that traveled from Cadiz to America, a tapas lunch in a local family-run and family-owned bar and a coffee with a sweet local specialty in a historical café to finish.
3pm: end of the tour back at your accommodation.
Price of this tour for a private group of 6 people: 90 Euros per person. 450 Euros in total.
This price includes:
– Personal local host throughout the tour.
– All entrance tickets and admissions.
– Tastings in the local market and in a selected local tavern.
– A tapas lunch including up to 4 tapas and 3 drinks per person.
– A coffee and a sweet local specialty to finish.
– All taxes.
25th of June: day trip to Jerez and Arcos de la Frontera finishing in Córdoba:
9:30am: private transfer from your accommodation in Cádiz to Jerez in a modern and comfortable Mercedes minivan with a personal local host and a dedicated driver. Explanations along the way about the Hispanic-Muslim origins of Jerez and about the transformations that the city experienced after the Christian conquest in 1268 and later in the 18th and 19th centuries when the local wines (sherries) became probably the most fashionable drinks in the world.
10am: arrival to Jerez and private visit of a selected sherry winery. Understanding of the ageing process of the different types of sherries followed by the corresponding tastings and by some basic notions about the art of pairing food and sherry.
11:30am: end of the visit to the sherry bodega and private visit to the Royal School of Equestrian Art.
11:45am: arrival to the Royal School of Equestrian Art and private introductory tour of the premises before the show.
12pm: horse show (1st or 2nd row seats).
1:30pm: end of the horse show and private transfer to a selected local restaurant for lunch in Arcos de la Frontera.
2:15pm: arrival to the restaurant and lunch.
3:30pm: end of lunch and private walking tour of Arcos de la Frontera with a special focus on its traditions, on its combination of grand historical constructions and houses of traditional architecture and on its stunning views of the surrounding valleys.
4:30pm: end of the tour of Arcos de la Frontera and of the services of your local host and private transfer to Córdoba.
7pm: arrival to Córdoba and end of services for the day.
Price of this tour for a private group of 6 people: 1275 Euros.
This price includes:
– Private transportation in a modern and comfortable Mercedes minivan with a dedicated driver throughout the day.
– Personal local host from Genuine Andalusia from your departure from Cadiz until your departure from Arcos de la Frontera towards Córdoba.
– 1st or 2nd row seats tickets for the horse show at the Royal School of Equestrian Art.
– A private visit to a selected sherry bodega with the corresponding tastings there.
– All expenses of your driver and of your guide.
– Petrol, parkings and tolls
– All taxes.
This price excludes:
– Lunch (Genuine Andalusia always selects local restaurants serving quality food but the cost of lunch is not included in the tour)
Confirmation and payments:
In order to confirm this program of tours, we require a 30% deposit of the grand total via credit/debit card no later than the 1st of January 2020. The remaining 70% must be paid no later than 30 days prior to the start of the tour.
Grand total of this program of tours: 1725 Euros.
30% deposit to be paid no later than the 1st of January 2020: 517,5 Euros.
Remaining 70% to be paid no later than 30 days prior to the start of the tour program: 1207,5 Euros.
– More than 30 days prior to the start of the tour: deposit only.
– 30 – 10 days prior to the start of the tour: 50% of the full cost of the tour.
– 9 – 3 days prior to the start of the tour: 75% of the full cost of the tour.
– 2 days or less: 100% of the full cost of the tour.