Spain Travel Advisory 2022
Spain’s borders are currently open but there are still a few restrictions for non-essential travel. As a Spanish incoming travel agent, we feel responsible for sharing essential and up-to-date Spain Travel Advisory information for 2022.
Also, further below we explain in detail the Covid-19 protocols we have implemented in our Spain private tours and bespoke travel itineraries as well as updated information about the evolution of Covid-19 vaccinations in Spain.
Can I travel to Spain?
It depends on where you will be arriving from and on whether you can present some specific travel documents to the Spanish Health Authorities.
At the moment, all passengers arriving in Spain from other countries by plane (except children under the age of 12 and passengers in international transit), must show one of these documents to enter the country:
- A valid Digital Covid Certificate or European Union equivalent of Covid-19 vaccination.
- A negative certificate of an active infection diagnostic test, which can be a NAAT- nucleic acid amplification tests (e.g.: RT-PCR, RT-LAMP, TMA, HAD, NEAR, CRISPR, SDA), with sampling within the previous 72 hours to departure to Spain or an Antigen test, with sampling within the previous 24 hours to departure to Spain.
- A recovery certificate issued at least 11 days after the first positive NAAT or antigen tests, and up to a maximum of 180 days after the date of sampling.
Also these travellers to Spain will have to undergo a health control at the first Spanish point of entry.
The Spanish ministry of health has a dedicated website in English where it explains this information in detail and updates it periodically.
Can I travel to Spain from USA?
Yes. Travellers from the United States are now allowed by the Spanish government to enter Spain. However they must have one of the three aforementioned documents.
Does Genuine Andalusia recommend to travel to Spain?
Yes! Finally we can say that we recommend to travel to Spain. The nighttime curfews and mobility restrictions are long gone now. Our hotels and restaurants are open. Landmarks are all also open across the country too and best of all, there’re not many visitors in any of them. We find it essential though to be fully vaccinated and to take the necessary precautions to protect yourself and others from contagion.
Finally, we recommend using a Spain trip planner actually based in Spain with 24/7 support service for your trip. This will offer you peace of mind throughout your trip in case of unexpected circumstances, changes or needs during your trip.
Status of Covid-19 vaccinations in Spain
Spain has a population of almost 47 million. The first vaccines arrived in the country in December 2020 and were administered to seniors and healthcare and teaching professionals.
At the moment 85% of the population is fully vaccinated. The Spanish Ministry of Health updates the information about the number of administered vaccines periodically.
Covid Protocols in our Spain private tours and bespoke travel itineraries
Following the recommendations of the National and International Health Authorities, we have incorporated the following measures into our Spain private tours and custom travel itineraries and vacations:
- All our personal guides and private drivers wear FFP2 face masks when required by the Spanish authorities.
- We don’t mix different people in our private tours of Andalusia. We have never done it actually.
- We are prioritizing outdoors seating areas over indoors ones for lunch, where possible.
- Sanitizing gel and spare FFP2 masks are at the disposal of our guests throughout the tours.
- Outdoors and nature activities and adventures are our recommendation over urban ones. Also we are recommending private villas and independent accommodation over hotels.
- We are now offering private workshops and culture activities in these private villas and other independent accommodation.
We hope this Spain Travel Advisory information for 2022 has been useful to you. Please don’t hesitate to contact us should you need further information as we will be delighted to help.
We are a Spain travel specialist crafting memorable bespoke trips for very small private groups. The three main pillars of our tours are culture & lifestyle, food & wine and outdoors & nature and the three concepts describing our services best are comfort, beauty and authenticity.
Iván Ricoy is a travel agent for Spain trips specialised in the Southern region of Andalusia.